All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Donald K. Yeomans
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note20 halftones. 19 line illus. 6 tables.
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsIllustrations vii Preface xi Acknowledgments xiii Chapter 1 Earth's Closest Neighbors 1 Chapter 2 The Solar System's Origin: The Classical View 15 Chapter 3 How and Where Do Near-Earth Objects Form? 29 Chapter 4 Near-Earth Objects as the Enablers and Destroyers of Life 47 Chapter 5 Discovering and Tracking Near-Earth Objects 57 Chapter 6 The Nature of Asteroids and Comets 79 Chapter 7 Nature's Natural Resources and the Human Exploration of Our Solar System 100 Chapter 8 Near-Earth Objects as Threats to Earth 109 Chapter 9 Predicting the Likelihood of an Earth Impact 125 Chapter 10 Deflecting an Earth-Threatening Near-Earth Object 140 References 155 Index of Asteroid and Cometary Objects 159 General Index 161
- Author BiographyDonald K. Yeomans is a Fellow and Senior Research Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and a recipient of NASA's highest award, the Distinguished Service Medal.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.04Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.