All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Marilyn Nissim-Sabat
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/07/2009
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight494 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Introduction Chapter 3 Chapter 1: What is a Victim? Chapter 4 Chapter 2: Freud, Gender, and the Epigenesis of Morality: A Critique Chapter 5 Chapter 3: The Crisis in Psychoanalysis: Resolution Through Husserlian Phenomenology and Feminism Chapter 6 Chapter 4: Addictions, Akrasia, and Self Psychology: A Socratic and Psychoanalytic View of Akrasia as Victim Blaming. Chapter 7 Chapter 5: Fanon, Phenomenology, And the Decentering Of Philosophy: Lewis Gordon's Her Majesty's Other Children: Sketches of Racism From a Neocolonial Age Chapter 8 Chapter 6: Race And Culture: Victim Blaming in Psychology, Psychiatry, and Psychoanalysis Chapter 9 Chapter 7: Autonomy, Empathy, and Transcendence in Sophocles' Antigone, with an Epilogue: On Lacan's Antigone Chapter 10 Chapter 8: Neither Victim Nor Survivor Be: Who Is Beloved's Baby?
- Author BiographyMarilyn Nissim-Sabat is professor emeritus of philosophy at Lewis University.
- PrizesWinner of Frantz Fanon Award 2011.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £10.51Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.