All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first, richly illustrated biography of Nobel Prize laureate Nelly Sachs (1891--1970), Aris Fioretos' study portrays one of the seminal 20th century poets against the backdrop of a vast array of hitherto unknown historical materials.
- Author BiographyA professor of Aesthetics at Sodertorn University in Stockholm, Sweden, Aris Fioretos was educated at Stockholm and Yale Universities. The recipient of numerous prizes and fellowships, most recently from the Swedish Academy and All Souls College, Oxford, he has published several novels and book-length essays and has rendered the works of Paul Auster, Friedrich Holderlin, and Vladimir Nabokov into Swedish. His latest, award-winning novel is entitled The Last Greek (2009). Fioretos is also the general editor of the first commented edition of the complete works of Nelly Sachs in German.
- Author(s)Aris Fioretos
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- GenreAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1172 g
- Width5193 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byTomas Tranaeus
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.46Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.79Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.