All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.50Trending at £10.96
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
- £16.99Trending at £21.06
- £9.14Trending at £10.03
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £22.56
- £2.39Trending at £3.04
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight640 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byFirmino F. Rubaltelli
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
- Table Of ContentsBilirubin Metabolism.- Bilirubin metabolism in the newborn: its mechanisms and relationship to kernicterus.- Serum bilirubin mono- and diconjugates in human newborns.- Mechanism of bilirubin entry into the brain in an animal model.- The importance of serum binding and the blood-brain barrier in the development of acute bilirubin neurotoxicity.- Distribution of bilirubin between serum and cerebrospinal fluid in newborn infants.- Assessment of the Risk of Bilirubin Toxicity.- The chemical nature of fetal albumin.- Estimation of reserve albumin equivalent concentration for binding of bilirubin.- Postnatal changes in the ability of plasma albumin to bind bilirubin.- Interactions of bilirubin and drugs.- Estimation and clinical significance of bilirubin binding status.- Factors affecting the transcutaneous measurement of bilirubin: influence of race, gestational age, phototherapy and albumin binding capacity.- Chemistry and Photochemistry of Bilirubin.- Recent advances in the chemistry of bile pigments.- Solution conformations, photophysics and photochemistry of Bilirubin and biliverdin dimethyl esters.- Photophysical properties of bile pigments.- In vitro and in vivo bilirubin-sensitized photoeffects at the molecular and cellular levels.- Photooxygenation products of bilirubin in the urine of jaundiced phototherapy neonates.- Phototherapy of Neonatal Jaundice.- Molecular mechanisms of phototherapy of neonatal jaundice.- Mechanisms of action of phototherapy: new concepts.- Laser-oriented search of the optimum light for phototherapy.- A mathematical description of the phototherapy-effect: an investigation of the dose-response relationship under high irradiances.- The Gunn rat: a model for phototherapy.- Light dose-response relationship in phototherapy.- Prediction of the effect of phototherapy in newborns.- Reducing the duration of phototherapy for neonatal jaundice by cholestyramine administration.- Bronze baby syndrome: new insights on bilirubin-photosensitization of copper-porphyrins.- Effect of light and various concentrations of oxygen on the retina of the newborn pig.- Effect of phototherapy on hepatic microsomal drug metabolism in heterozygous and homozygous Gunn rats.- Long term outcome of phototherapy; selected aspects of the NICHHD cooperative phototherapy study.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.