All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAwarded the Dexter Prize by the Society for the History of Technology, this book offers a comparative history of the evolution of modern electric power systems. It described large-scale technological change and demonstrates that technology cannot be understood unless placed in a cultural context.
- PrizesWinner of Dexter Prize for an Outstanding Book on the History of Technology 1984.
- Author(s)Thomas Parker Hughes
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1993
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note226, 226 black & white illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £16.24Trending at £17.11
- £21.10Trending at £25.73
- £14.29Trending at £15.95
- £13.35Trending at £13.98
- £16.15Trending at £27.60
- £10.58Trending at £12.43
- £8.57Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.