All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- Author(s)Theri A. Pickens
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Series on Identity Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. 1. Respirating Resistance: Suheir Hammad's Invocation of Breath. 2. Try a Little Tenderness: Tactilic Experience in Danzy Senna and Alicia Erian. 3. Unfitting and Not Belonging: Feeling Embodied and Being Displaced in Rabih Alameddine's Fiction. 4. Beyond 1991: Magic Johnson and the Limits of HIV/AIDS Activism. 5. The Big C Meets the Big O: Pain and Pleasure in Breast Cancer Narratives. Conclusion.
- Author BiographyTheri A. Pickens is an Assistant Professor of English at Bates College. Her research focuses on Arab American and African American literatures and cultures, Disability Studies, philosophy, and literary theory. Her critical work has appeared in Disability Studies Quarterly, Al-Jadid, Journal of Canadian Literature, Al-Raida, and, the ground-breaking collection, Blackness and Disability: Critical Examinations and Cultural Interventions.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.