All listings for this product
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £121.78
- £5.80Trending at £7.07
- £14.34Trending at £14.40
- £23.91Trending at £29.31
- £36.27Trending at £36.93
- £28.35Trending at £31.55
- £28.91Trending at £36.89
About this product
- DescriptionCommissioned by the Wallace Foundation, this book explores research indicating that youth are learning new ways to engage in the arts on their own time and according to their own interests. It gives educators an understanding of what is happening with digital technologies and the opportunities that exist to connect to youth practice.
- Author BiographyKylie Peppler is an assistant professor of Learning Sciences Program at Indiana University. An artist by training, she engages in research that focuses on the intersection of arts, media, new technologies, and informal learning. Peppler's dissertation work on the study of the media-rich programming environment Scratch resulted in the book, The Computer Clubhouse: Constructionism and Creativity in Youth Communities. Peppler has since collaborated with Leah Buechley, Yasmin Kafai, and Mike Eisenberg to study etextiles, which resulted in the forthcoming co-edited volume titled, Textile Messages: Dispatches from the World of E-Textiles and Education. Her current work on creativity, computation, and media arts in youth communities is supported by the National Science Foundation and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- Author(s)Katja Kaiser-Asmodi,Kylie A. Peppler
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Literacies and Digital Epistemologies
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.