All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- Series TitleFrontiers in Sedimentary Geology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight905 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChris Paola,Karen L. Kleinspehn
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
- Table Of ContentsI-Source-Area Characterization: Introduction.- 1 Provenance and Sediment Dispersal in Relation to Paleotectonics and Paleogeography of Sedimentary Basins.- 2 Isotopic Provenance of Clastic Deposits: Application of Geochemistry to Sedimentary Provenance Studies.- 3 History of Uplift and Relief of the Himalaya During the Past 18 Million Years: Evidence from Fission-Track Ages of Detrital Zircons from Sandstones of the Siwalik Group.- II-Lithostratigraphy and Chronostratigraphy: Introduction.- 4 Facies Architecture in Clastic Sedimentary Basins.- 5 Origin, Recognition, and Importance of Erosional Unconformities in Sedimentary Basins.- 6 Analysis of Eustatic, Tectonic, and Sedimentologic Influences on Transgressive and Regressive Cycles in the Upper Cenozoic Merced Formation, San Francisco, California.- 7 Cambro-Ordovician Eustasy: Evidence from Geophysical Modelling of Subsidence in Cordilleran and Appalachian Passive Margins.- 8 Coal Correlations and Intrabasinal Subsidence: A New Analytical Perspective.- 9 The Use of Magnetic-Reversal Time Lines in Stratigraphic Analysis: A Case Study in Measuring Variability in Sedimentation Rates.- III-Tectonics and Sedimentation: Introduction.- 10 Intraplate Stresses: A New Element in Basin Analysis.- 11 Subsidence and Gravel Transport in Alluvial Basins.- 12 Relict Back-Arc Basins: Principles of Recognition and Possible New Examples from China.- 13 Synorogenic Sedimentation and Subsidence in a Plio-Pleistocene Collisional Basin, Eastern Taiwan.- 14 Paleogeography and Tectonic Evolution Interpreted from Deformed Sequences: Principles, Limitations, and Examples from the Southwestern United States.- 15 Sedimentary Basins in the Context of Allochthonous Terranes.- 16 Dating Thrust-Fault Activity by Use of Foreland-Basin Strata.- 17 Stratigraphic Keys to the Timing of Thrusting in Terrestrial Foreland Basins: Applications to the Northwestern Himalaya.- 18 Provenance and Dispersal of Tectogenic Sediments in Thin-Skinned, Thrusted Terrains.- IV-Precambrian Basins: Introduction.- 19 Basin Analysis in Regionally Metamorphosed and Deformed Early Archean Terrains: Examples from Southern Africa and Western Australia.- 20 Flexure of the Early Proterozoic Lithosphere and the Evolution of Kilohigok Basin (1.9 Ga), Northwest Canadian Shield.- 21 Glaciation: An Uncommon Mega-Event as a Key to Intracontinental and Intercontinental Correlation of Early Proterozoic Basin Fill, North American and Baltic Cratons.
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £9.38Trending at £10.23
- £8.99Trending at £14.57
- £6.43Trending at £6.77
- £10.56Trending at £11.22
- £11.29Trending at £12.06
- £8.70Trending at £9.98
- £5.43Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.