All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume features current research approaches in the field of audiovisual translation (AVT) and media accessibility. It reflects on new challenges and potential avenues for investigation in traditional AVT practices as well as in media accessibility, including audio description, subtitling for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, and audio subtitling.
- Author BiographyAnna Jankowska is Assistant Lecturer in the Chair for Translation Studies and Intercultural Communication at the Jagiellonian University, Krakow. Her recent research projects include studies on the viability of translating audio description scripts from foreign languages into Polish, AD of foreign films, multiculturalism in AD, and the history of audiovisual translation. Agnieszka Szarkowska is Assistant Professor in the Institute of Applied Linguistics at the University of Warsaw. She is the founder and head of the Audiovisual Translation Lab, a research group working on media accessibility. Her main research interest lies in audiovisual translation, especially subtitling for the deaf and the hard-of-hearing and audio description.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Trends in Translation Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note2
- Weight470 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAgnieszka Szarkowska,Anna Jankowska
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.