All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApplies a variationist methodology to the analysis of developments in the use of the courtesy marker please, adverbs in -ly, the s- genitive and a number of phrasal combinations with the verb get. This title approaches the analysis of variation in English from diachronic, diatopic, and contrastive/comparative perspectives.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Carlos Prado-Alonso works as a full-time postdoctoral researcher at the Department of English of the University of Santiago de Compostela. Lidia Gomez-Garcia is employed as a research assistant to the Spoken English Research Team at the University of Santiago de Compostela. Iria Pastor-Gomez is an FPU researcher funded by the Spanish Ministry for Science and Innovation at the University of Santiago de Compostela. David Tizon-Couto works as a research assistant to the Language Variation and Textual Categorisation Research Unit at the University of Vigo.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number103
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byCarlos Prado-Alonso,David Tizon-Couto,Iria Pastor-Gomez,Lidia Gomez-Garcia
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.65Trending at £18.05
- £27.89Trending at £29.41
- £8.49Trending at £9.03
- £17.52Trending at £18.44
- £7.26Trending at £7.99
- £6.18Trending at £7.15
- £13.40Trending at £14.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.