All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments the personal tragedy of individuals caught up in massive social transformation and casts a nostalgic light on the heritage and way of life of the Nubians: their rhythmic dancing, their beautiful women, the lively humor of their elders, and the enormous centrality of their traditions and the spirits with which they shared the environment.
- Author BiographyHaggag Hassan Oddoul was born in Alexandria in 1944 to parents who had left their native village in Nubia. He has written short stories, novels, and plays. Nights of Musk was awarded the State Prize for Short Stories in 1990. Anthony Calderbank has translated several works of modern Arabic fiction, most recently Yousef al-Mohaimeed's Wolves of the Crescent Moon (AUC Press, 2007).
- Author(s)Haggag Hassan Oddoul
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight314 g
- Width124 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byAnthony Calderbank
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £6.49Trending at £7.82
- £4.38Trending at £4.95
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £7.77Trending at £9.46
- £2.95Trending at £3.09
- £16.26Trending at £20.06
- £4.72Trending at £7.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.