All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKirkus Reviews Best Junior Fiction Books of 2014. An intriguing novel with a classic feel, featuring three vividly alive young sisters, an eccentric family struggling against the odds, and the slowly revealed story of a house with a past.
- Author BiographyBENNY LINDELAUF is a multi-award-winning Dutch children's book author who has published twelve books in Holland, several of which have appeared in translation. He also teaches creative writing to adults and children. Nine Open Arms has been translated into six languages, including Czech and Korean, and both it and its Dutch sequel, Heivisj's Heaven, have won multiple prestigious prizes in the Netherlands. Benny himself was born in the small town of Sittard, Limburg, south-east of Holland, where these stories are set. As a child, he used to love listening to stories told by his grandmother...JOHN NIEUWENHUIZEN is an Australian-based, award-winning translator of Dutch and Flemish literature, including Falling by Anne Provoost, The Baboon King by Anton Quintana, and The Book of Everything by Guus Kuijer. In 2007, John was awarded the NSW Premier's Translation Prize and PEN Medallion.
- Author(s)Benny Lindelauf
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byJohn Nieuwenhuizen
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £23.99Trending at £31.19
- £15.99Trending at £16.63
- £15.25Trending at £15.86
- £20.34Trending at £20.77
- £25.79Trending at £26.82
- £23.50Trending at £24.83
- £11.24Trending at £20.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.