All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.95Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
- £11.67Trending at £12.35
About this product
- DescriptionBorn without arms or legs below his elbows and knees, Kyle Maynard excels as a champion athlete, inspirational speaker, college student, and male model. No Excuses is his inspirational autobiography.
- Author BiographyKyle Maynard was born in 1986 with a rare disorder called congenital amputation. He has no forearms, shortened legs, and stands only four feet tall. Yet Kyle has learned to live a full and active life. Besides dealing with everyday challenges, he is an excellent student, has impeccable handwriting, and can type fifty words a minute. A competitor to the core, Kyle was determined to succeed as an athlete. Through hard work, the support of his family, and a coach who designed new wrestling moves like the jawbreaker and buzz saw, Kyle became one of the top high school wrestlers in the state of Georgia. In 2005, he broke the world record in the modified bench press by lifting 360 pounds, three times his body weight. Kyle is the 2004 ESPY Award Winner (Best Athlete with a Disability) and a recipient of the President's Award for the Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame. He is currently a student at the University of Georgia.
- Author(s)Kyle Maynard
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication07/09/2006
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.