All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the history of the only African military unit from Zimbabwe to fight in the WWI. This book tells how, although it remained in the field longer than all-white units, its members received some of Britain's highest decorations, the Rhodesia Native Regiment was disbanded after the war and conveniently forgotten by the colonial establishment.
- Author BiographyTimothy J. Stapleton has been a post-doctoral fellow at Rhodes University, a senior lecturer in history at the University of Fort Hare, South Africa, and a research associate at the University of Zimbabwe. He is currently associate professor and chair of history at Trent University, Ontario. He is the author of Faku: Rulership and Colonialism in the Mpondo Kingdom, 1780-1867 (WLU Press, 2001).
- Author(s)Timothy J. Stapleton
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Note12 b/w photos
- Weight544 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £8.74Trending at £11.65
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £9.48Trending at £10.41
- £11.45Trending at £11.57
- £12.01Trending at £12.98
- £5.80Trending at £8.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.