All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeron Lemma couldn't know there was a fate worse than wasting away as a poor teenager in the Ethiopian slum where she was born. Desperate to create her own destiny, and drawn by the irresistible possibility of earning real dollars as a maid in Beirut, Meron leaves her devout mother and family behind to join the many other Habesha migrants.
- Author BiographyPaul Timblick (Author) Son of a Fleet Street journalist, Paul Timblick has travelled the world exploring other cultures and teaching English. The last fifteen years have taken him to Peru - which in 2011 inspired his first book, Perune Juice, an autobiographical tale underpinned by humour and history - Greece, Venezuela, China, Spain and finally Ethiopia. Fascinated by Ethiopian society, it is there that he met his wife, Fasika Sorssa. It is her own riveting ordeal that serves as the basis for No Lipstick in Lebanon. Now married with two children, together they have turned her real-life story into a novel.
- Author(s)Fasika Sorssa,Paul Timblick
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight561 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £6.89
- £7.61Trending at £7.89
- £6.21Trending at £6.90
- £10.35Trending at £11.03
- £15.92Trending at £16.16
- £12.38Trending at £13.87
- £11.31Trending at £11.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.