All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt started with a harmless quest for perfect wash-and-go hair. Every girl wants it, and Siobhan O'Connor and Alexandra Spunt finally found it in a fancy salon treatment. They were thrilled,until they discovered that the magic ingredient was formaldehyde. Shocked, O'Connor and Spunt left no bottle unturned. If it went on their body (and thus, was absorbed into their skin and bloodstream), they researched it. As it turns out, many of those unpronounceable ingredients in your self-tanner and leave-in conditioner are not regulated and the natural on your face wash doesn't mean what you think it does. Now, with the help of top scientists, dermatologists, and makeup artists, the authors share their compelling findings and the easy way to detoxify your beauty regimen. No More Dirty Looks also reveals the safest, most effective products on the market and time-tested home recipes. Finally, you don't need to sacrifice health for beauty,because coming clean is the best look yet.
- Author BiographySiobhan O'Connor is the features editor at GOOD magazine. She lives in New York. Alexandra Spunt is a freelance journalist and the former brand director at American Apparel. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Alexandra Spunt,Siobhan O'Connor
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- GenreFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Weight364 g
- Width146 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- 1453aja03 Jul, 2012by
Awesome book, worth every money
Great book. I like to know what I am using and what I am paying for and this is the main reason I bought this book.I would recommended it for everyone who cares about the ingriedients in the cosmetics. I
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.