All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.60
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionDynamical scaling is key to our understanding of 'far from equilibrium' relaxation. Where Volume 1 of this set covered the statics and dynamics of transitions into an absorbing state, this one treats relaxation phenomena far from equilibrium and ageing.
- Author BiographyMalte Henkel, born in 1960, received his Master's degree from the University of Bonn in 1984, and his PhD in 1987, when he also won the annual prize of the Minerva Foundation. From that year onward he has been a long-term visitor in many institutes, including the ITP at Santa Barbara, USA, the SPhT at Saclay, France, and the universities of Oxford, UK, Vienna, Austria, Padova, Italy, and Lisbon, Portugal. In 1995 he was appointed a professor at the University of Nancy I. His current research encompasses equilibrium and non-equilibrium phase transitions, using field-theoretical and numerical methods in general. In particular, his current focus is on dynamical scaling behaviour realised in ageing phenomena far from equilibrium. He has published well over a hundred articles and three monographs, one of which is Volume I of this set.
- Author(s)Malte Henkel,Michel Pleimling
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- Series TitleTheoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1009 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.