All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNorman Granz, who died in 2001, was iconoclastic, independent, influential, often thoroughly unpleasant - and one of jazz's true giants. This biography recounts Granz's story: creator of the legendary jam session concerts known as Jazz at the Philharmonic; founder of the Verve record label; and manager and recording producer for numerous stars.
- Author BiographyTad Hershorn is an archivist at the Institute for Jazz Studies at Rutgers University.
- Author(s)Tad Hershorn
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note24 b/w photographs
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Foreword byOscar Peterson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £36.08Trending at £40.07
- £43.28Trending at £61.98
- £24.98Trending at £25.57
- £21.42Trending at £21.70
- £21.94Trending at £25.50
- £27.33Trending at £29.93
- £21.83Trending at £22.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.