All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an approach to dealing with communication difficulties that was devised by the author following encounters with increased numbers of children who had learned to talk, but still were unable to communicate effectively. This title looks at: Non-verbal communication theory; Normal and disordered development; and, more.
- Author BiographySioban Boyce qualified as a Speech & Language Therapist in 1978 and worked in the National Health Service until 1996. Since then Sioban has worked as a Communication/Behaviour Specialist. She has more than thirty years experience of working with children's communication problems. The success of her method of assessing and treating communication problems in children has been demonstrated over fifteen years through work with more than three hundred children. She now shares her knowledge and expertise with others through books, lectures and training for professionals and parents. Sioban Boyce qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 1978 and worked in the NHS for 18 years. In 1996 she left the Speech and Language Therapy profession to work as an independent specialist in the development of non-verbal communication in children. Over the following years she has developed an assessment and intervention programme for treating behavioural problems associated with poor non-verbal skills and supporting emotional, social and educational development. Many children and their families have had their lives transformed as a result of working with Sioban in this way.
- Author(s)Sioban Boyce
- PublisherSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBicester, Oxon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.