All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a desktop reference guide on nutrition and its clinical implications for health and disease through the lifecycle. Presented in a user-friendly style, it serves as a valuable resource of practical information for physicians in their daily practice.
- Author BiographyDr. Ted Wilson, PhD is an associate professor of Biology at Winona State University in Winona, Minnesota. He teaches courses in Nutrition, Physiology, Cardiovascular Physiology, Cell Signal Transduction and Cell Biology. His research examines how diet affects human nutritional physiology and whether food/dietary supplement health claims can be supported by measurable physiological changes. He has studied many foods, dietary supplements and disease conditions including low-carbohydrate diets, cranberries and cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, apple juice, grape juice, wine, resveratrol, creatine phosphate, soy phytoestrogens, tomatoes, eggplants, coffee, tea, energy drinks, heart failure prognosis, diabetes and obesity. Diet induced changes have includes physiological evaluations of plasma lipid profile, antioxidants, vasodilation, nitric oxide, platelet aggregation, glycemic and insulinemic responses using in vivo and in vitro models. With Dr N. Temple he has edited Beverages in Nutrition and Health (Humana Press, 2004) and Nutritional Health: Strategies for Disease Prevention (Humana Press, 2001 1st and 2006 2nd edition).
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/12/2009
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleNutrition and Health
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note53 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1840 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeorge A. Bray,Marie Boyle Struble,Norman J. Temple,Ted (Lecturer in Biology) Wilson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.