All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.36Trending at £15.61
- £11.89Trending at £13.30
- £9.50Trending at £9.56
- £30.00Trending at £34.09
- £2.39Trending at £3.03
- £11.89Trending at £13.62
- £17.99Trending at £20.95
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Behavioral Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight566 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGeorge Serban
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
- Table Of ContentsWelcoming Address.- Introductory Remarks.- Introductory Remarks.- Biophysiological Aspects of Animal and Human Brain Growth as Related to Malnutrition.- Long Continued Marginal Protein-Energy Deficiency.- Behavioral Deficiencies in Protein-Deprived Monkeys.- Nutrition and Brain Development.- Malnutrition and Animal Models of Cognitive Development.- Interactive Effects of Variable Population Density and Dietary Protein Sufficiency upon Selected Morphological, Neurochemical, and Behavioral Attributes in the Rat.- Protein Malnutrition and Complex Learning in the Chicken.- Learning in Chronically Protein-Deprived Rats.- Concluding Remarks.- Clinical and Follow-up Studies Related to Mental Functioning of Malnourished Children.- Social Antecedents and Correlates of Preschool Malnutrition in Cambridge, Massachusetts.- Longitudinal Study of Language Development in Severely Malnourished Children.- Nutrition, Environment, and Child Behavior.- The Biochemical Aspects of Nutrition as Related to Mental Illness.- Nutrition and Psychiatric Illness.- Premorbid Adjustment and Response to Nicotinic Acid.- Workshop on Nutrition.- Some Comments of the Effects of Malnutrition on Brain Function.- Critique of Research Dealing with the Consequences of Early Malnutrition, Summary of Discussion at the Workshop on Nutrition.- Summary.- Discussion on Megavitamins.- Reply to Nutrition and Psychiatric Illness by Seymour Kety.- Response to Dr. Osmond's Comments.- Remarks on the Use of Megavitamins in the Treatment of Schizophrenia.- Contrasts Between Vitamin-Responsive Inherited Metabolic Diseases and Vitamin Use in Schizophrenia.- The Transmethylation Hypothesis Restated.- Summary.- Comment.- Conclusion.- Closing Remarks.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.