Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £12.99Trending at £15.31
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionExplains the scientific principles underlying nutrition while incorporating applications to promote a complete understanding of core concepts. This title provides a strong science foundation in a context relevant to students' daily lives and their careers. It offers a balanced program for teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyDr. Michelle Shelley McGuire teaches in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Washington State University. She is the author of several published articles, and specializes in the research of understanding of how breastfeeding and lactation influence both maternal and child health and well-being. Recent research has focused on investigating how maternal diet influences milk fat content and, thus, energy intake and fatty acid consumption of the breastfeeding child. Dr. McGuire has been teaching the basic nutrition course for several years and has a strong appreciation of the course, its goals and objectives, and the variety of student needs. This experience coupled with her strong writing and research background has helped her create an exciting and refreshing text for the introductory nutrition course. Dr. Beerman teaches in the School of Biological Sciences at Washington State University. She is the author of several published articles assessing the impact of bioactive components in soy (isoflavones) on health parameters in menopausal women. More recently, she has been studying the prevalence of iron deficiency anemia in rural, impoverished regions of Guatemala, and efficacy of a novel approach to improve iron status in women and children. Dr. Beerman teaches the 300-level nutrition course for health-related majors (Nutrition, Health, and Disease), as well as courses related to women's health (Biology of Women). She also teaches a course in teaching methodology (Teaching Methods in Higher Education) for graduate students. Since joining the faculty at Washington State University in 1989, she has taught more than 12,000 students and has been the recipient of several college and university teaching awards. Dr. Beerman's years of teaching experience, combined with her wide knowledge base in nutrition, health sciences and educational pedagogy, has helped create this innovative introductory nutrition text.
- Author(s)Kathy A. Beerman,Michelle McGuire
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1760 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 3rd Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.