CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author(s)Mendel Friedman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/07/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number177
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1126 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
- Table Of Contents1. Naturally Occurring Phenolics as Antimutagenic and Anticarcinogenic Agents.- 2. Sulfhydryl Groups and Food Safety.- 3. Interaction of Diet and Immunity.- 4. Role of Epigenetic Factors in Dietary Carcinogenesis.- 5. Defenses Against Aflatoxin Carcinogenesis in Humans.- 6. Metabolism of Food Toxicants: Saccharin and Aflatoxin B-1, A contrast in Metabolism and Toxicity.- 7. Effect of Diet on T-2 Toxicosis.- 8. Safety of Megavitamin Therapy.- 9. Prental Developmental Toxicology of Arsenicals.- 10. Differential Effects of Sodium Selenite and Methyl-Mercury (II) on Membrane Permeability and DNA Replication in HeLa S3 Carcinoma Cells: A Preliminary Report Regarding the Modification of Organomercurial Toxicity by Selinium Compounds.- 11. Structure and Stereochemistry of Steroidal Amine Teratogens.- 12. Minimizing the Saponin Content of Alfalfa Sprouts and Leaf Protein Concentrates.- 13. The Influence of 1-(N-Ltryptophan)-1-Deoxy-D-Fructose (FRU-TRP) and its N-Nitrosated Analogue (NO-FRU-TRP) on the Viability and Intracellular Synthetic Activity (DNA, RAN, and Protein Synthesis) of HeLa S3-Carcinoma Cells.- 14. Sources of N-Nitrosamine Contamination in Foods.- 15. Nutritional and Metabolic Response to Plant Inhibitors of Digestive Enzymes.- 16. Nutritional Studies of Carboxypeptidase Inhibitor from Potato Tubers.- 17. Stability of Enzyme Inhibitors and Lectins in Foods and the Influence of Specific Binding Interactions.- 18. Protein-Alkali Reactions: Chemistry, Toxicology and Nutritional Consequences.- 19 Effect of Protein Treatment on Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Lysinoalanine and Other Amino Acids.- 20. Nutritional Consequences of the Reactions Between Proteins and Oxidized Polyphenolic Acids.- 21. Relation Between Structure of Polyphenol Oxidase and Prevention of Browning.- 22. Chemistry and Safety of Plant Polyphenols.- 23. Genetic and Carcinogenic Effects of Plant Flavonoids: And Overview.- 24. Factors Which Facilitate Inactivation of Quercetin Mutagenicity.- 25. Mutagens in Cooked Food: Chemical Aspects.- 26. Mutagens in Cooked Foods - Metabolism and Genetic Toxicity.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.