All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.35
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £17.94Trending at £18.57
- £7.43Trending at £8.48
- £14.54Trending at £15.43
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the connection between obesity and breast cancer in older women. It explores the application of novel therapies to inhibit aromatase in the breast.
- Author BiographyKristy A. Brown, Ph.D., is a NHMRC Career Development Fellow and Co-Head of the Metabolism and Cancer Group at Prince Henry's Institute. Dr. Brown is also an Adjunct Lecturer of Physiology at Monash University. Dr Brown's area of research interest is the regulation of the aromatase gene in the context of obesity and breast cancer. Evan Simpson, Ph.D., is a Senior Principal Research Fellow and Co-Head of the Metabolism and Cancer group at Prince Henry's Institute. He is also an Honorary Professor for the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Monash University. Dr. Simpson is the Laboratory Director of the Victorian Breast Cancer Research Consortium. This consortium involves eight medical research institutes and was established in 1997 to conduct world class research into breast cancer. Dr. Simpson's work also led to the creation of the first aromatase knockout (ArKO) mouse, which is a model of oestrogen insufficiency that compares with the phenotype of humans with natural mutations in aromatase. His current research is focused on the role of oestrogen in several important health conditions, including obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis and of course, breast cancer.
- Author(s)Evan Simpson,K. A. Brown
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Cancer Research
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations
- Weight124 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.