Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.92
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.52Trending at £7.18
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Mulroy's brilliant verse translation of Oedipus Rex recaptures the aesthetic power of Sophocles' masterpiece while also achieving a highly accurate translation in clear, contemporary English.
- Author BiographySophocles(ca. 497/6-407/6 BCE) was the most acclaimed dramatist of his era, winning more than twenty festival competitions in ancient Athens. He is believed to have written 123 plays, but only seven have survived in a complete form. David Mulroy is professor of classics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has translated The Complete Poetry of Catullus, also published by the University of Wisconsin Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWisconsin Studies in Classics
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Width129 mm
- Height203 mm
- Translated byDavid D. Mulroy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.