All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Brian L. Sullivan,Steve N. G. Howell
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note300+ color photos. 1 map.
- Weight114 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 5 Acknowledgments 11 Some Words Explained 11 Marine Mammals 12 Killer Whale (Orca) 12 Whales 14 Dolphins and Porpoises 18 Sea Lions, Fur Seals, and Elephant Seal 22 Rarer Marine Mammals 24 Seabirds 26 Albatrosses 26 Shearwaters and Fulmar 28 Storm-Petrels 32 Phalaropes 35 Alcids 36 Red-billed Tropicbird 40 Brown Booby 40 South Polar Skua 41 Jaegers 42 Gulls and Terns 44 Rarer Seabirds 46 Other Sea Life 50 Fish (sunfish, sharks, flyingfish) 50 Sea Turtles 52 Jellyfish, Krill, etc. 52 Kelp (seaweed) 54 Landbirds 54 Species Codes, Scientific Names, and Index 55
- Author BiographySteve N. G. Howell is an international bird tour leader with WINGS and a research associate at the California Academy of Sciences. His other books include Petrels, Albatrosses, and Storm-Petrels of North America and The Amazing World of Flyingfish (both Princeton). Brian L. Sullivan is eBird project leader and photographic editor for Birds of North America Online at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and a coauthor of The Crossley ID Guide: Raptors (Princeton).
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.