All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA completely authoritative guide on how to look after your old house - whether Tudor, Georgian, Victorian or Edwardian, authorised by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.
- Author BiographyROGER HUNT, co-author (with Marianne Suhr) of Old House Handbook, is an award-winning writer and blogger with a particular interest in sustainable and vernacular architecture and the materials and techniques used in construction. He is the author of Rural Britain: Then and Now, a celebration of the British countryside, Villages of England and Hidden Depths, an archaeological exploration of Surrey's past. He lectures on building-related issues, is a judge of annual awards for new housing and serves on the editorial board of the SPAB magazine. His latest renovation project is a 1900 house on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, USA. MARIANNE SUHR is a Chartered Building Surveyor specialising in the repair of historic buildings. After a scholarship with the SPAB, she worked for seven years in architectural practice, then full-time on hands-on repair projects including three very different old houses. For the SPAB she has run over 40 homeowners' courses and numerous 'limedays'. She is co-author (with Roger Hunt) of Old House Handbook, and has written and lectured extensively. A co-presenter of three series of BBC2's Restoration, she recently set up the Old House Consultancy, advising on repairs and alterations in the Oxfordshire locality.
- Author(s)Marianne Suhr,Roger Hunt
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- GenreHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note450 colour photos, colour and b/w illustrations
- Weight1261 g
- Width250 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.89Trending at £2.05
- £1.99Trending at £2.18
- £2.65Trending at £2.94
- £9.72Trending at £9.91
- £1.85Trending at £3.53
- £4.49Trending at £7.98
- £1.99Trending at £2.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.