All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this work, a pakeha Maori trader looks back to the good old times before Governors were invented, and law, and justice, and all that . It is a construction of Maori life and customs, most notibly of tapu (taboo). There is also a selection of Maning's unpublished letters.
- Author BiographyAlex Calder is Lecturer in English, University of Auckland, New Zealand. Alex Calder is Lecturer in English, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Author(s)F.E. Maning
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- Series TitleLiterature of Travel, Exploration & Empire S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeicester University Press
- Content Note1
- Weight354 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAlexander Calder
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.45Trending at £11.05
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.