All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoth melancholia and mourning are triggered by the same thing, that is, by loss. The distinction often made is that mourning occurs after the death of a loved one while in melancholia the object of love does not qualify as irretrievably lost.
- Author BiographyThierry Bokanowski is a training and supervising analyst of the Paris Psychoanalytical Society (SPP), a member of the International Psychoanalytical Association, a former secretary of the executive committee of the Paris Psychoanalytical Institute, and the former editor of 'La Revue francaise de Psychanalyse'. He is also the current President of the Scientific Committee of the Paris Psychoanalytical Society, and has published several papers in various psychoanalytical journals, including the 'International Journal of Psychoanalysis'. His books include 'Sandor Ferenczi', and 'De la pratique analytique', translated under the title 'The Practice of Psychoanalysis'. Leticia Glocer Fiorini is a training psychoanalyst of the Argentine Psychoanalytic Association. She is the author of 'The Feminine and the Complex Thought', and editor of 'The Other in the Intersubjective Field' and 'Time, History and Structure. A Psychoanalytical Approach'. Among other contributions in psychoanalytic journals she has published 'The enigma of the sexual difference', in 'Feminine Scenarios '; 'Assisted fertilization, new problems' in 'Prevention in Mental Health'; 'The sexed body and the real, its meaning in transsexualism' in 'Masculine Scenarios'; 'Psychoanalysis and Gender, Convergences and Divergences' in 'Psychoanalysis and Gender Relations'; and 'The bodies of present-day maternity' in 'Motherhood in the Twenty-first Century'. Sergio Lewkowicz is currently the Scientific Director of the Porto Alegre Psychoanalytical Society; Psychiatry and Training and Supervising Analyst for the Porto Alegre Psychoanalytical Society; Publications Director of the Porto Alegre Psychoanalytical Society; Professor and Supervisor for Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy in the Psychiatry Department, Medical School of the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul; Member of the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA) Publications Committee; Member of the Programme Committee of the 43rd Congress of the IPA in New Orleans (2004); former President of the Society of Psychiatry of Rio Grande do Sul; former Editor of the Psychiatry Journal of Rio Grande do Sul; and he has published papers on psychoanalytic technique.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe International Psychoanalytical Association Contemporary Freud: Turning Points and Critical Issues Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLeticia Glocer Fiorini,Sergio Lewkowicz,Thierry Bokanowski
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.47Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.