All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Klaus Beyme
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs on Pioneers in Science and Practice
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight272 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart I Transformation Theory.- Historical Memories in Political Theories.- Historical Memory in Nation-Building and the Building of ethnic Subsystems.- The Concept of Totalitarianism - A Reassessment after the Breakdown of Soviet Rule.- Political Culture - A Concept from Ideological Refutation to Acceptance in the Soviet Social Sciences.- Institutions and Political Culture in Post-Soviet Russia.- Political and Economic Consolidation in Eastern Europe.- Evidences from Empirical Data.- Part II Cultural Policies.- Why is there no Political Science of the Arts?.- Historical Memory and the Arts in the Era of the Avantgardes: Archaisme and Passeisme as a 'passeisme of the future'.- Capital-building in Post-war Germany.
- Author BiographyBeyme has repeatedly been accorded recognition for his scientific activities, amongst others, in 1995 Honorary Membership of the Humboldt University in Berlin, in 1998 the University Medal of the University of Heidelberg, and in 2001 an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Bern. Furthermore, he is a Member of the Academia Europaea and the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences. In 2008, he was honoured with the Schader Prize. On 2 September 2010 Beyme was honoured for his enormous contribution to the development of Political Science in Europe and the entire world and for his many years as Professor of Political Science at different universities around the world with an Honorary Professorship at Lomonosov University in Moscow. A study in 1998 ranked Beyme in the Top Ten of the world's Political Scientists.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.