All listings for this product
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.00Trending at £8.12
About this product
- DescriptionRabindranath Tagore is widely regarded as a romantic poet, speaking of beauty and truth; as a transcendentalist; a believer in the absolute; a propagandist for universal man; and as a national icon. This title states that Tagore's secret concern was really with life, play, and contingency, with the momentary as much as it was with the eternal.
- Author BiographyAmit Chaudhuri is the author of five highly acclaimed novels, of which A Strange and Sublime Address, Afternoon Raag, Freedom Song, and A New World won, between them, the Commonwealth Writers Prize, the Betty Trask Prize, the Encore Prize, the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction, and the Government of India's Sahitya Akademi Award; his latest novel is The Immortals. He is also a poet, an acclaimed musician, and a highly regarded critic, the author of D. H. Lawrence and 'Difference' and Clearing a Space. He has edited the Picador Book of Modern Indian Literature and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and Professor of Contemporary Literature at the University of East Anglia. Amit Chaudhuri lives in Calcutta and Norwich.
- Author(s)Amit Chaudhuri
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication28/11/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight220 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.