All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the fifth century AD, Proclus served as head of the Academy in Athens that had been founded 900 years earlier by Plato. This bilingual edition comprises Proclus's 17 arguments (II-XVIII) on the eternity of the world and for the existence of God.
- Author BiographyHelen S. Lang is Koeppel Professor of Classical Studies in the Department of Philosophy at Trinity College and author of Aristotle's Physics and Its Medieval Varieties (1992) and The Order of Nature in Aristotle's Physics: Place and The Elements (1998). A. D. Macro is Hobart Professor of Classical Languages in the Department of Classics at Trinity College.
- Author(s)Helen S. Lang,Proclus
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication21/12/2001
- Language(s)Arabic & English & Greek, Ancient (to 1453) & Greek, Ancient (to 1453) & Latin
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byA.D. Macro
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.