All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents results of Submillimeter Array (SMA) and Very Large Array (VLA) studies of massive-star formation regions in the early stages of ionization.
- Author BiographyDr. Roberto Galvan-Madrid was born in 1982 in Chetumal, Mexico, where he had his basic and high-school education. He obtained a bachelor degree in Physics from the Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon (UANL) in 2005, and a Masters degree in Astronomy from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in 2007. The thesis published here is a compilation of the work presented by RGM in August 2011 to obtain his Ph.D. degree in Astronomy from UNAM, under the supervision of Prof. Luis F. Rodriguez. During most of his thesis work, RGM was based at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA), working as a Pre-doctoral fellow of the Submillimeter Array Project (SMA) under the supervision of Dr. Qizhou Zhang and Dr. Paul T. P. Ho. RGM's scientific interests are the processes of star formation, with emphasis on the formation of high-mass stars and clusters. Starting September 2011, RGM works as a postdoctoral fellow for the European Organization for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere (ESO).
- Author(s)Roberto J. Galvan-Madrid
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/06/2012
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight219 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £4.68Trending at £6.04
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.