All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis reader consists of diverse writings about Gould Farm, considered the nation's oldest residential rehabilitation community. The Farm now assists those with persistent mental illness. This book includes essays, letters, and book excerpts about Gould Farm written over the last 100 years.
- Author BiographySteven K. Smith grew up on Gould Farm, where his parents lived and worked. He later returned to the Farm and now sits on the Farm's Board of Directors. He is an investigator with the Office of the Public Defender in Winchester, Virginia, where he is also a member of the local National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). He has written for Communities Magazine, Latin American Perspectives, and The Mennonite Quarterly Review. Terry Beitzel, PhD, is an assistant professor in the Department of Justice Studies at James Madison University. He graduated from Harvard University and George Mason University. His teaching and research topics include issues and theories of justice, responsibility, and nonviolence. Beitzel is a member of the Justice Studies Association and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Gandhi Center at James Madison University. Recent publications include Living with Ambiguity, Risk and Responsibility; Building Peace in the Process of Restoring Justice; and From Passivism to Pacifism. Forthcoming books include The Other Side of Justice and Serving Justice.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight290 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited bySteven K. Smith,Terry Beitzel
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.95Trending at £5.24
- £10.30Trending at £11.41
- £12.47Trending at £12.74
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £23.95Trending at £24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.