All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a representation of French poet Paul Verlaine's oeuvre. This selection includes a number of Verlaine's early works; poems from his middle period, which reflect his on-again, off-again conversion to Catholicism; and poems from his late period, when he fell prey to poverty and disease.
- Author BiographyNorman R. Shapiro is a professor of Romance languages and literatures at Wesleyan University. Among his many translations are Four Farces by Georges Feydeau, which was nominated for a National Book Award, The Fabulists French: Verse Fables of Nine Centuries, named Distinguished Book of the Year by the American Literary Translators' Association, and Charles Baudelaire: Selected Poems from Les Fleurs du mal, the last published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Paul Verlaine
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2000
- Language(s)English & French
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note18 halftones
- Weight350 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byNorman R. Shapiro
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.44
- £7.26Trending at £8.01
- £6.27Trending at £7.63
- £8.77Trending at £9.17
- £6.42Trending at £6.67
- £4.00Trending at £6.89
- £7.76Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.