All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy and how did Jews, Christians, and Muslims missionize, and when and why did their efforts falter? Why did both Christianity and Islam suddenly become less tolerant of Jews late in the eleventh century, prompting outbursts of mass murder? This book examines these questions.
- Author BiographyRodney Stark is Professor of Sociology and of Comparative Religion at the University of Washington. He is the author of many books including The Rise of Christianity: A Sociologist Reconsiders History (Princeton) and, with Roger Finke, Acts of Faith: Explaining the Human Side of Religion .
- Author(s)Rodney Stark
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2003
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note23 halftones, 3 tables
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £17.50Trending at £34.94
- £9.15Trending at £11.44
- £14.58Trending at £20.94
- £14.36Trending at £14.61
- £10.50Trending at £14.49
- £9.85Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.