All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnline Searching is a complete guide for the aspiring expert searcher, explaining important online searching concepts and practices, demonstrating them visually in figures and videos, and inviting you to get hands-on practice by completing its end-of-the-chapter questions and comparing your online experiences with its suggested answers.
- Author BiographyKaren Markey is a professor in the School of Information at the University of Michigan. Her experience with online searching began with the earliest commercial systems, DIALOG, Orbit, and BRS, the first end-user systems, CD-ROMs and online catalogs, and includes today's open web search engines and proprietary systems for accessing databases of bibliographic records, abstracting & indexing entries, full texts, numeric data, and multimedia. Since joining the faculty at Michigan in 1987, she has taught online searching to thousands of students in her school's library and information science (LIS) program. Her research has been supported by the Council on Library Resources, Delmas Foundation (DF), Department of Education (DoED), Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), National Science Foundation (NSF), and OCLC. She is the author of five books, more than a dozen major research reports, and over one hundred journal articles and conference proceedings papers.
- Author(s)Karen Markey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight685 g
- Width180 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.87
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £8.99Trending at £9.58
- £7.43Trending at £8.71
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.