CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £13.83Trending at £19.89
About this product
- DescriptionOpen Education explores the disruption of the traditional university as a result of the increasingly widespread provision of free online open education.
- Author BiographyPauline van Mourik Broekman, Co-founder, Mute, and Mute collective member. Gary Hall is Director of the Centre for Disruptive Media at Coventry University, UK, and visiting professor at the Hybrid Publishing Lab-Leuphana Inkubator, Leuphana University, Germany. He is also co-founder (in 1999) of the open access journal Culture Machine, a pioneer of OA in the humanities, and co-founder (in 2006) of Open Humanities Press, which was the first open access publisher explicitly dedicated to critical and cultural theory. He is the author and editor of several books on digital culture and the idea of the university, the best known of which is Digitize This Book!: The Politics of New Media, or Why We Need Open Access Now (2008). Ted Byfield is a New York-based independent researcher and writer. He served for over a decade on the design faculty of the New School University, and is a former visiting fellow at Yale Law School's Information Society Project. He co-founded the Open Syllabus Project research network, and since 1998 has co-moderated the <nettime> mailing list. Shaun Hides is Head of Department of Media and Co-director of the Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University, UK. He authored the Department's Open Media strategy, led a JISC-funded OER project on open-connected teaching innovation and has spoken at numerous events on OER, Innovation and the impact of disruptive technologies on education. He is an advisor to the British Council. Simon Worthington is a Research Associate at the Hybrid Publishing Consortium-Leuphana Inkubator, Leuphana University, Germany. Original idea and direction: Jonathan Shaw is Co-director of the Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University, UK, visiting fellow at the Centre for Excellence in Media Practice at Bournemouth University and the Chair of the Associate for Photography in Higher Education. He was awarded a Direct Fellowship of Royal Photographic Society (RPS), and a Fellowship of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA), in recognition for his achievements in Photography and innovative educational practices.
- Author(s)Gary Hall,Pauline Van Mourik Broekman,Shaun Hides,Simon Worthington,Ted Byfield
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield International
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleDisruptions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield International
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width150 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.