Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £18.74Trending at £24.84
- £25.98Trending at £27.14
- £4.41Trending at £4.74
- £8.99Trending at £9.59
- £8.94Trending at £9.22
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
- £14.88Trending at £15.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe theme of this collection is participatory democracy, when personal autonomy, critical thought and the desire for self-government are encouraged by social institutions. Contributions include essays on mass media and democracy, a community-based health policy, and criminal justice.
- Author BiographyJOHN W. MURPHY is Professor of Sociology at the University of Miami. His most recent book is Computerization of Human Service Agencies (Auburn House, 1990). DENNIS L. PECK is Professor of Sociology at the University of Alabama and the editor of Sociological Inquiry. His most recent book is The Psychosocial Effects of Hazardous Waste Disposal on Communities.
- Date of Publication01/12/1992
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDennis L. Peck,John W. Murphy
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.