All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFuzzing is often described as a 'black box' software testing technique. It works by automatically feeding a program multiple input iterations in an attempt to trigger an internal error indicative of a bug, and potentially crash it. This book teaches how fuzzing finds vulnerabilities. It shows how to eliminate buffer overflows and format strings.
- Author BiographyNoam Rathaus is the co-founder and CTO of Beyond Security, a company specializing in the development of enterprise-wide security assessment technologies, vulnerability assessment-based SOCs (security operation centers) and related products. He holds an electrical engineering degree from Ben Gurion University, and has been checking the security of computer systems from the age of 13. Noam is also the editor-in-chief of SecuriTeam.com, one of the largest vulnerability databases and security portals on the Internet. He has contributed to several security-related open-source projects including an active role in the Nessus security scanner project. He has written over 150 security tests to the open source tool's vulnerability database, and also developed the first Nessus client for the Windows operating system. Noam is apparently on the hit list of several software giants after being responsible for uncovering security holes in products by vendors such as Microsoft, Macromedia, Trend Micro, and Palm. This keeps him on the run using his Nacra Catamaran, capable of speeds exceeding 14 knots for a quick getaway. Gadi Evron works for the McLean, VA-based vulnerability assessment solution vendor Beyond Security as Security Evangelist and is the chief editor of the security portal SecuriTeam. He is a known leader in the world of Internet security operations, especially regarding botnets and phishing. He is also the operations manager for the Zeroday Emergency Response Team (ZERT) and a renowned expert on corporate security and espionage threats. Previously, Gadi was Internet Security Operations Manager for the Israeli government and the manager and founder of the Israeli government's Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Author(s)Gadi Evron,Noam Rathaus
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/12/2007
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £14.78Trending at £15.04
- £32.31Trending at £37.66
- £13.67Trending at £16.58
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £22.02Trending at £31.04
- £19.74Trending at £25.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.