All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis succinct and innovative book shows readers how to read and appreciate the Old Testament: as history, as literature or as theology. Offering an ideal 'taster' of Old Testament themes and issues, the book encourages students to explore various forms of interpretation and develop a lively interaction with the texts.
- Author BiographyKatharine Dell is Senior Lecturer in Old Testament Studies in the Faculty of Divinity at the University of Cambridge and Fellow, Tutor and Director of Studies in Theology at St Catharine's College. She is the author of The Book of Proverbs in Social and Theological Context (2006), Seeking a Life that Matters: Lessons for today from the book of Proverbs (2002), Job, The Peoples' Bible Commentary (2002), Get Wisdom, Get Insight: An Introduction to Israel's Wisdom Literature (2000), Shaking a Fist at God: Understanding Suffering through the book of Job (1995) and The Book of Job as Sceptical Literature (1991). She is currently working on Ecclesiastes - the third mainstream wisdom book.
- Author(s)Katharine Dell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight618 g
- Width199 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £4.00Trending at £6.86
- £11.99Trending at £16.88
- £18.95Trending at £30.61
- £6.99Trending at £7.38
- £20.60Trending at £25.98
- £1.99Trending at £2.11
- £8.99Trending at £9.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.