All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis sixth volume in the series centres on the sociological and critical aspects of opera in Italy, considering the art in the context of an Italian literary and cultural canon rarely revealed in English and American studies.
- Author BiographyLorenzo Bianconi is a professor of musical dramaturgy at the University of Bologna, Italy. He is the author of Music in the Seventeenth Century. Giorgio Pestelli is a professor of music history at the University of Turin, Italy, and music critic for La Stampa. He is the author of The Age of Mozart and Beethoven. Together they edited Opera Production and Its Resources and Opera on Stage, both books in The History of Italian Opera series published by the University of Chicago Press.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2004
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleHistory of Italian Opera, Part 2 - Systems
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note48 halftones, 4 musical examples, 12 tables
- Weight832 g
- Width167 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byGiorgio Pestelli,Lorenzo Bianconi
- Translated byKenneth Chalmers
- Edition Statement2nd
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £7.45Trending at £7.86
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £9.75Trending at £12.15
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
- £16.90Trending at £27.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.