All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.99
- £7.29Trending at £11.06
- £16.71Trending at £19.98
- £43.58Trending at £48.59
- £12.95Trending at £17.02
- £8.24Trending at £11.46
- £10.01Trending at £15.86
About this product
- DescriptionA timely monograph examining the latest theoretical and experimental understanding of thermal noise from optical coatings.
- Author BiographyGregory Harry has worked in the field of gravitational wave detection for over 15 years and is currently the Optics Chair and Coating Cognizant Scientist for the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory (LIGO) and Professor at the American University, Washington, DC. He is amongst the pioneers of coating thermal noise research. Timothy Bodiya is a graduate student in the Physics Department at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is conducting research in the field of gravitational wave physics and quantum optomechanics with the goal of measuring quantum effects on every day sized objects (gram to kg size). Riccardo DeSalvo is Professor at the University of Sannio in Benevento, Italy. Previously he has held the positions of Senior Staff Scientist at LIGO, Caltech, Pasadena and that of Staff Scientist at INFN in Pisa, Italy. He is a member of ASME, APS and SIF and has authored more than two hundred refereed papers.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note131 b/w illus.
- Weight820 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGregory Harry,Riccardo DeSalvo,Timothy P. Bodiya
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.