All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on optical transmission systems, subsystems, components, methodologies and economics around the subject. It examines actual transmission systems and details the subsystems and components that will lead to next generation networks.
- Author BiographyAntonio Teixeira holds a PhD in electrical engineering by the University of Aveiro, Portugal, partly developed at the University of Rochester, NY, USA, an executive certificate in Management from the MIT, Boston, USA. He is a professor at the University of Aveiro, where he is a member of the electronics telecommunications and informatics executive board, a researcher at the Instituto of Telecomunicacoes, and a senior specialist in Standardization in Nokia Siemens Networks, has more than 300 published papers, being more than 60 in refereed journals and holding seven patens. He has also contributed to several book chapters and has been involved in several European and national projects both with public funding or with industry. Giorgio Maria Tosi Beleffi holds a PhD by the University of Roma Tor Vergata, a one year Master Course on TLC by the Ministry of Communications (SSTLC), Rome, Italy and a certificate on the Fundamental of Finance for the Technical Executives from the MIT, Boston, USA. He has an experience of 10 years in the telecommunication area (TLC), working (from 2001 to 2006) at Fondazione Ugo Bordoni and (from 2006 up today) at the Italian Ministry of Economic Development - Communications Department. He is a specialist in devices, systems and subsystems regarding the Metro and Access TLC sectors as part of the green Next Generation Broadband Networks (NGNs) with deep skills on network security and critical infrastructures. He participated to the FP5 ATLAS, FP6 ePhotonOne/ePhotonOne+, FP7 BONE and FP7 SARDANA projects. Italian National Delegate of COST MP0702 and Vice National Coordinator at ITU-T SG.15. He is Senior Member of IEEE Leos and TPC member of several IEEE international conferences. He has more than 100 published papers, being more than 20 in refereed journals and holding a patent on all optical regeneration. He has also contributed to several book chapters.
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSignals and Communication Technology
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight619 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAntonio Teixeira,Giorgio Maria Tosi-Beleffi
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.