All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates the myriad ways in which order and violence are inextricably intertwined.
- Author BiographyStathis N. Kalyvas is Arnold Wolfers Professor of Political Science at Yale University, where he directs the Program on Order, Conflict, and Violence. He is the author of The Logic of Violence in Civil War (2006) and The Rise of Christian Democracy in Europe (1996). Ian Shapiro is Sterling Professor of Political Science at Yale University, where he also serves as Henry R. Luce Director of the MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies. His most recent books are Containment: Rebuilding a Strategy against Global Terror (2007), The Flight From Reality in the Human Sciences (2005), and Death by a Thousand Cuts: The Fight Over Taxing Inherited Wealth (with Michael Graetz, 2006). Tarek Masoud is an assistant professor of public policy at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. His current research focuses on the politics of religion in the Islamic world, particularly the ways in which Islamist parties shape - and are shaped by - their political environments. He is the co-editor of Problems and Methods in the Study of Politics (Cambridge University Press, 2004), and Order, Conflict, and Violence (Cambridge University Press, 2008). He is the recipient of grants from the National Science Foundation and the Paul and Daisy Soros Foundation. He is a graduate of Brown and Yale Universities.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2008
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byIan Shapiro,Stathis N. Kalyvas,Tarek E. Masoud
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.