All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Richard Fitzpatrick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsSimple Harmonic Oscillation Massona Spring Simple Harmonic Oscillator Equation LC Circuits Simple Pendula Compound Pendula Damped and Driven Harmonic Oscillation Damped Harmonic Oscillation Quality Factor LCR Circuits Driven Damped Harmonic Oscillation Driven LCR Circuits Transient Oscillator Response Coupled Oscillations Two Spring-Coupled Masses Two Coupled LC Circuits Three Spring-Coupled Masses Transverse Standing Waves Normal Modes of a Beaded String Normal Modes of a Uniform String General Time Evolution of a Uniform String Longitudinal Standing Waves Spring-Coupled Masses Longitudinal Waves on a Thin Elastic Rod Sound Waves in an Ideal Gas Fourier Analysis Traveling Waves Standing Waves in a Finite Continuous Medium Traveling Waves in an Infinite Continuous Medium Wave Interference Energy Conservation Transmission Lines Normal Reflection and Transmission at Interfaces Electromagnetic Waves Doppler Effect Wave Propagation in Inhomogeneous Media Multi-Dimensional Waves Plane Waves Three-Dimensional Wave Equation Cylindrical Waves Spherical Waves Oscillation of an Elastic Sheet Polarization of Electromagnetic Waves Laws of Geometric Optics Fresnel Relations Total Internal Reflection Sound Waves in Fluids Wave Pulses Fourier Transforms General Solution of One-Dimensional Wave Equation Bandwidth Dispersive Waves Pulse Propagation Electromagnetic Waves in Unmagnetized Plasmas Faraday Rotation Electromagnetic Wave Propagation in Conductors Waveguides Pulse Propagation in Two Dimensions Gravity Waves Wave Dragon Ships Ship Wakes Capillary Waves Wave Optics Introduction Two-Slit Interference Coherence Multi-Slit Interference Thin Film Interference One-Dimensional Fourier Optics Single-Slit Diffraction Multi-Slit Diffraction Two-Dimensional Fourier Optics Wave Mechanics Introduction Photoelectric Effect Electron Diffraction Representation of Waves via Complex Numbers Schrodinger's Equation Probability Interpretation of Wavefunction Wave Packets Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle Wavefunction Collapse Stationary States Three-Dimensional Wave Mechanics Particle in Finite Square Potential Well Square Potential Barrier Appendix A: Physical Constants Appendix B: Useful Mathematics Appendix C: Electromagnetic Theory Bibliography Index Exercises appear at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyRichard Fitzpatrick is a professor of physics at the University of Texas at Austin, where he has been a faculty member since 1994. He is a member of the Royal Astronomical Society, a fellow of the American Physical Society, and the author of Maxwell's Equations and the Principles of Electromagnetism and An Introduction to Celestial Mechanics. He earned a Master's degree in physics from the University of Cambridge and a DPhil in astronomy from the University of Sussex.
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.