All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA study of literacy among Appalachian families who migrated to northern cities of America. They represent a significant proportion of the urban poor, and their often severe literacy problems provide a perspective of literacy and the relationship between print and culture.
- Author BiographyVictoria Purcell-Gates is Canada Research Chair in Early Childhood Literacy at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Victoria Purcell-Gates
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/1997
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note4 line illustrations, 5 tables
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.80Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.60
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.