CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £9.57Trending at £9.90
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £11.60Trending at £12.48
- £11.64Trending at £13.48
- £3.58Trending at £5.48
- £12.58Trending at £15.90
- £9.52Trending at £11.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a visual feast and a great introduction to the Sun for general readers as well as scientists who are not solar physicists. It presents the basic properties of the Sun, describes how it has always fascinated, and shows how it influences technology.
- Author BiographyPal Brekke is a Norwegian solar physicist with a doctorate from the University of Oslo in astrophysics and is now a senior advisor for the Norwegian Space Centre . He has worked with state-of-art space-based solar telescopes since 1985 and has published over 40 peer review articles, 70 proceeding papers, and more than 30 popular science articles. Pal wrote much of this material while working at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center for 6 years, as the Deputy Project Scientist for the SOHO mission. He also has written articles for CNN, USA Today, BBC, and DerSpiegel). Brekke has been the PR ambassador for SOHO, traveling around the world to give lectures about the Sun. He is the recipient of the Fulbright Fellowship, ESA's Exceptional Achievement Award, and the Laurels for Team Achievements from the International Academy for Astronautics.
- Author(s)Pal Brekke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 147 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight590 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.