All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver half of all people working on behalf of any given organization are typically not their own employees. Little attention has been paid to how these 'non-employees' are managed, motivated and meaningfully engaged. This book demonstrates that non-employees are often the organization's most important hidden resource.
- Author BiographyPatricia Leighton is Emeritus Professor of Employment Law at the University of Glamorgan, UK and specializes in European Employment Law. She is also a Visiting Professor at the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium and at the University of Hertfordshire. She has researched and written widely on employment law, especially on employment contracts, flexible working and equal opportunities at work and has undertaken many research projects for UK government departments, the European Commission, the International Labour Office and various public and private sector employment bodies, including the CIPD. Her books on employment matters cover flexible working, employment contracts and health and safety and she contributes to leading journals such as the Industrial Law Journal and Employee Relations and to major international conferences such as convened by the International Industrial Relations Associations, the International Human Resource Management Association and the International Federation for the Academic Study of Management. She is a member of the editorial advisory board of Personnel Today. After a career in customer service and marketing with an Australian telco, Rob ran his own consulting business working primarily with large businesses and government agencies in training and development. His involvement with the School of Management dates from 1994 and he has been full-time since 2000. As an academic his teaching is primarily in marketing and human resource development. He is a member of the Australian Psychological Society, an associate fellow of the Australian Marketing Institute, and a Certified Practicing Marketer.
- Author(s)Michel Syrett,Patricia Leighton,Peter Holland,Robert Hecker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2006
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £21.00Trending at £21.18
- £39.99Trending at £42.17
- £13.87Trending at £15.50
- £8.81Trending at £14.94
- £20.45Trending at £21.06
- £7.86Trending at £8.05
- £9.99Trending at £11.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.