All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOvid's Heroides , letters in elegiac verse supposedly penned by famous mythological lovers, have attracted renewed scholarly attention over the past twenty or so years. Heroides 16 and 17, the letters exchanged by Paris and Helen, are the subject of this volume.
- Author BiographyDr Andreas N Michalopoulos studied Classics at the Universities of Thessaloniki and Leeds. He is the author of Ancient Etymologies in Ovid's Metamorphoses: A Commented Lexicon (Leeds 2001) and of articles on Greek and Latin literature. His research interests include Roman elegy, Augustan epic, Roman lyric poetry, ancient etymology, and the Roman novel. He is currently a Lecturer in Latin in the Classics Department of the Democritus University of Thrace (Komotini).
- Author(s)Andreas Michalopoulos,Ovid
- PublisherFrancis Cairns Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- Language(s)English & Latin
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrancis Cairns Publications Ltd
- Weight653 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £42.49
- £8.90Trending at £9.50
- £8.77Trending at £9.05
- £6.40Trending at £6.94
- £7.65Trending at £8.61
- £4.99Trending at £5.44
- £6.24Trending at £7.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.